What is Behavioral Health Day Services?
The Behavioral Health Day Services program is a team-based model designed for children and adolescents ages 7-17 with emotional or behavioral disturbances that prohibit them from functioning successfully in the home or within a community environment (school/daycare) setting.
You have the option of choosing in-person at our Fort Myers-Metro office or enjoying flexibility of our new virtual program.
Elite DNA’s virtual behavioral health program is designed to help children with a variety of topics. These two-hour virtual sessions will meet twice weekly, either Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday via Zoom.
How do Behavioral Health Services work?
Our Behavioral Health Day Services are available for families wit Medicaid or Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance only.
The schedule for in-person Behavioral Health Day School in Fort Myers is Monday-Friday with the following schedule:
- Session 1 – Academics: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Lunch/Free time: 12:00 – 1:00 pm
- Session 2 – Group Therapy: 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
The schedule for virtual Behavioral Health Day Services, available Florida-wide, is Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Friday. These two-hour virtual sessions will meet twice weekly via Zoom.
Can Behavioral Health Services help my child?
Yes! Children who participate in the Behavioral Health Program at Elite DNA experience positive behavior changes as well as increased capacity to understand emotions and helpful coping mechanisms.
What can I expect from Behavioral Health Day Services at Elite DNA Behavioral Health?
Your child can expect to feel understood and will be provided with guidance and insights into how they can cope with emotions and life circumstances
Conditions we treat:
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Adjustment Disorders
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Topics of the classes include:
- Learning social skill development
- Conflict resolution
- Coping skills
- Building Self-esteem and self-confidence