About Our Program
Elite DNA Behavioral Health offers graduate internship opportunities for students who are working towards a degree in Mental Health Counseling, Master of Social Work, Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, or Social Studies. The mission of Elite DNA’s clinical student internship program is to prepare exemplary students for the mental health field. Our program uses an evidenced based-practitioner model that integrates the use of current technology, supervised field experiences while working with a diverse population. Our diverse and inclusive clinical staff provides knowledge, competency, and insight into various therapy modalities, treatment orientations, and specialties.
What Can I Expect from a Psychotherapy Practicum/Internship with Elite DNA?
We ask for a commitment of at least two semesters for therapy interns. Students seeking an internship position at Elite DNA should meet the academic expectations listed below.
- A theoretical foundation in the field of mental health.
- Prior experience with mental health training.
- Knowledge of one’s ethical and professional guidelines.
- Some familiarity with the types of psychological or psychiatric conditions treated in a community mental health setting.
- It is strongly recommended that the student complete coursework in Counseling Theory/ Skills, Psychopathology, and Ethics prior to applying.
- Commitment to working as part of the Elite DNA multi-disciplinary team in providing the highest quality of services for the community served.
- An official transcript (unofficial may be submitted with the understanding that an official transcript will be provided following acceptance into the program).
- An affiliation agreement or memorandum of understanding from the academic institution which should include:
- An educational agreement between the academic institution and EDNA that identifies shared responsibilities for the internship process
- Internship expectations and goals.
Applications should be submitted at least eight (8) weeks prior to the expected start date.
Application Schedule and Deadlines
Fall 2022 (Closed 4/15)
- Interviews from 4/18 to 5/20 (ongoing)
- Orientation July for start date in August
- July 27, 2022 – Orientation
Winter Applications: Open 6/10 closing 7/15
- Interviews 7/16-8/15
- Orientation in October for start dates in November/December
- October 19, 2022 – Orientation
Spring Applications: Open 10/3 to 11/11
- Interviews 11/14 to 12/16
- Orientation in Feb for start in March/April
- February 22, 2023 – Orientation
- Interviews 3/6-4/10
- Orientation May start in June/July
- May 24, 2023 – Orientation
For further inquiries and interests, please see our frequently asked questions (FAQ) section, and/or contact Carla Leslie, LMHC-S, Director of the Student Internship Program.